It’s 10 days until the Big Day. We’re slap bang in the midst of the hustle and bustle that is the run up to Christmas. And I love it!
Normally at this point I would have:
• been to the Christmas Market for Gluhwein and Bratwurst at least 8 times
• inspected a minimum of 25 Christmas trees before finding the perfect shape
• consumed an eye watering amount of heroes / celebrations / quality street in the seemingly unending office stash
• been to a few carol services and as a result been humming Christmas carols pretty much constantly
• danced like an eejit in the middle of the afternoon at the office Christmas Party. Lunchtime bubbles are not my friend
• written Christmas cards to everyone I know
• bought a few new Christmas clothes for all the Yuletide socialising
• rushed round the city centre shops like a woman possessed buying all my presents in my lunch hours
• enjoyed too many evenings where after-work Christmas drinks turned into dinner, dancing and trying to drag myself into work the next morning
This year has been somewhat different to say the least. Its our first Christmas with the twins. They are now almost 11 months old and an absolute delight. My run up to Christmas as a newish Mum has looked more like this:
• Pure delight when the twins learned how to clap along to Jingle Bells! Cue social media update that no-one (save their Daddy) is in anyway interested in!
• The silly Christmas jumper and old jeans has replaced the new LBD as de rigueur
• Getting very excited about the mums and tots Christmas Party. It’s the pinnacle of my social life these days! And then missing it because the babies were sick
• Looking after two babies who have been very sick with bronchiolitis and enjoying lots of sleepy cuddles by the fire
• Making mince pies at 730am in between twin bottles and breakfast!
• Realising that I have absolutely no time to buy Christmas presents and vowing that next year, I will have them all bought and wrapped in September!
• Sleepless nights are as a result of teething twins and not partying!
• Dressing the boys in the most gorgeous Christmas suits as soon as it hit December. They are super cute..
• Reading lots of ‘elf on the shelf’ blog posts and looking forward to joining in the fun when the boys are old enough!
• Making my first ever Christmas Cake and continuing the age-old tradition where each member of the family stirs the cake and makes a secret wish. I can’t confirm if the cake has magical powers just yet…
• Ditched Christmas Card writing. Something’s gotta go and this is it
• Finding lovely little gifts for the boys and looking forward to reading them their new books!
• Recording ‘Carols at Kings’ in the knowledge that actually making it to the Church Carol Service is slim
• Looking forward to a couple of days at my Mum’s over Christmas and lots more arms to help out with the boys! The joys of a large family…
• Buying my first ever copy of the Christmas Radio Times to see what TV delights are in store for us!
The biggest change is realising that all I really want for Christmas, I already have.
If you enjoyed this / found it useful, please share this post and maybe even tweet me and let me know! You can follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
I’m linking up with #MarvMondays and #TheList